To kick off the autumn season, I tried to gather together some craft ideas that I’ve seen recently and can’t wait to try!
1) I love this pumpkin tic tac toe game by Blue I Style. How cute would this be on the coffee table? I love decor that can also double as a way to entertain any little ones.
Added bonus: think how easy this would be to convert for the holidays! So many possibilities!
2) I couldn’t pick just one, so here’s a whole bevy of fall-themed wreaths from A Blissful Nest for you to pick between. One day I will have enough spots in my home for one of each. That’s a normal goal right?
3) I love sweaters. They are warm and cozy and… really odd to fanticize about when it’s 80 degrees outside. But I do have several old sweaters that I’ve been hanging onto since last winter and I’m glad I did because now I can try my hand at these little gems from Stonegable Blog. Adorable and recycled!
Really, you could do this with any type of fabric. Somewhere in the depths of Pinterest I saw a burlap pumpkin version. Your choices are endless. Though don’t go for your husband’s favorite sweater. He gets offended for some reason. Men.
4) Many autumn decor inspiration posts feature front porch ideas and I am no different (we’ll ignore my lack of a porch). This idea from At The Picket Fence is eye-catching and would be super simple to put together. Plus, no rotting pumpkin to clean up. Bonus.
5) We still have a lot of what we call “flower books” around the house from the wedding decor palooza, so you know I had to include a paper project. This banner idea from Lia Griffith would be fun draped all over the house.
This is a craft that would make a great family project. You could write messages or things you’re thankful for on the back in preparation for Thanksgiving (and let’s be honest, we could all use a little more gratitude in our lives). It’s the craft that keeps on giving!
I hope y’all feel as ready to grab your glue gun and glitter as I am… get crafting!