Is anyone else struggling with the temptation to stop at every pumpkin patch they pass on the side of the road? Even the mini displays in Bilo and Publix are catching my eye left and right.
Due to the heat wave that is South Carolina Weather, we have held off on any jack-o-lantern carving so that we don’t have a giant pile of rotting vegetables to deal with. To appease myself, I’ve been researching all sorts of different pumpkin decor. Check out some of these fab options:
1) Pierced pumpkins: this option gets bonus points for letting me play with power tools. Here are some tutorials from HomeTalk and Instructables
So simple, but impactful
2) Painted Pumpkins: I’ve been a fan of painting pumpkins for a few years now. Usually I buy a few of the mini pumpkins each season and paint a new design. These last for weeks and can stretch well into your Thanksgiving decor.
This was my own painted pumpkin from a few years ago. Excuse the poor lighting & newspaper backdrop. Pretty sure I took this photo at roughly 2am before the paint was even dry!
has posted a variety of tutorials and inspirational images for creating a painted pumpkin that suits your style.
This stained glass inspired pumpkin could be adapted to match any color scheme
Chalk paint came into play to turn these pumpkins into a traditionally styled accent
3) This awesome pumpkin cake : I realize this isn’t made from pumpkins, but it looks like a pumpkin and is awesome. Think of the comments you could get at parties!
Don’t you just want to dig right in?
4) Succulant Planters: If you follow me on Instagram you’ve seen that I’ve gotten a little plant-happy in the apartment. While this is great for indoor air quality, sometimes you need to jazz up your planters for something more seasonably appropriate. Better Homes and Gardens posted a super easy-to-follow tutorial on how to create these little beauties.
Wouldn’t this be fabulous in the center of your dining room table?
5) Tissue Paper Pumpkins: this idea appealed to me because it would be such a fun craft to do with kids. You can’t go wrong with your designs and you still get your hands a little dirty. Gift of Curiousity posted this cute idea that came up on my Pinterest feed.
I love the texture!
Another week has gone by and it just doesn’t seem real that September is halfway over. Is fall here yet? It surely doesn’t feel like it.
1) I have a public service announcement for y’all. From me to you. When painting, be very, very careful to not mix up your drink with your paint water. Share to save a life. And keep your tongue from turning blue. Labels save lives people.
2) This week we actually stayed near 80 degrees for awhile. It was like the briefest glimpse of respite, to be snatched away oh so quickly. I’ve never gotten used to the idea that the leaves can change while you can still roast an egg on the sidewalk. Madness.
3) I spent a lot of time this week planning and plotting for things for Moqqup Studios and I am so excited for what’s coming. However, with that excitement also comes intimidation and maybe some panic. Who says we can do this? What if our plans don’t go through? When I shared my thoughts with my sister, she sent me this and I have to say, one of my favorite reads this year. I love this. I encourage you all to read this post by Bower Power Blog and remember that there is no such thing as a picture perfect life and that yes, dust is a real thing.
4) Speaking of perfect spaces and potential, I am in full house hunting mode. Does Trulia suck anyone else in on a routine basis? Just me? Oops. That’s been my stress relief this week. Comes highly recommended.
5) I have never seen a puppy so devoted to someone as our dog is to my husband. The sun rises and sets on this man to her. He went out to run errands this week and Bella lay by the doorway pretty much the whole time waiting on him to come back to her. It was cute and sad all at one time.
Do you know how many photos we have of Bella waiting on Chris to come home? Countless. Bless her.
Devotion in its truest form
She brought her blanket to this one.
How can you say ‘no’ to those eyes? I’m honestly not sure how he leaves the house. I’m weak.
Enjoy your weekends, everyone!